• Replies: 25
  • Credits: 65

Review Xiaomi DaFang Camera

• Posted 6 years ago
  • Views:8313
  • Replies:15

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-03#1

Xiaomi Dafang 1080p Camera:

Since I have dozens of Xiaomi products already I was looking for a camera which I can add up to my smart home ecosystem.

This is what came in:

1x Camera

1x Cable

1x Adapter**

1x Instructions

** The adapter is a Chinese plug but any other 5 volt  phone adapter should work..Or just plug the cable inside a USB port.

I skip the packaging part because we already know that Xiaomi does it superb, minimalistic and professional.

The design of the camera is excellent, really….EXCELLENT! The camera received a Red Dot Design award. Winning such an award is not that easy. Red Dot needs to choose between more than 111000 products made by companies worldwide every year. Even though there are many categories, winning one means that Xiaomi is doing a great job.

I tried and search to gain some information about ‘Dafang’ but didn't find nothing more than that Dafang is a county in a city called Bijie (in China Ofcourse)..

The camera itself is very big comparing it to other camera's Xiaomi released. It has a height of 12.75 centimeters and has a width of 6.6 cm. Important notice is that it has a LED indicator down at the front which you can turn off.

The Xiaomi Dafang shoots videos in 1080P, meaning it has a 1920x1080 resolution with a view of 120 degrees wide (a human being has a forward visual field around 210 degrees). Nowadays an average frames per second for a surveillance camera is 30 frames. This one has only got 15 per second. It's not that bad.. it means it combines 15 still images in every second to create a video. Since the camera is not waterproof you need to install it inside. When using it to guard a (living) room I think 15 fps is enough because there are no fast objects like a car or scooter that is driving through it ;-).

Besides the good quality of the videos and pictures it has got a night vision that will give you great sight in the dark. It is possible to set it up manually or choose the camera to do it for you! There is a motion tracking option that will follow the moving objects ( This is fun when you have cats). Motion can be detected from a range up to 9 meters

With the MI Home App you can see what's going on Inside the room or location you installed the camera..Operate it with a build in navigation (360 degrees horizontal,93 degrees vertical), receive messages when motion is detected, anytime, anywhere (Still need internet on your phone or tablet, but I think you should know that)

There is a 2 way speaker installed inside the Dafang. You can listen to what is going on over there and even communicate through it. When using it as a Baby monitor this could become very handy. Be aware to set the volume on low. The quality is very good and the volume is pretty hard. You don't want to make your baby jump out of it’s bed. For trespassers it's a good way to scare them!

You have the option to insert 2 kinds of storage devices: microSD or USB stick.. I would choose the SD because you slide it in underneath the device instead of having a stick, sticking out on the backside.

I installed the Dafang Cam on my Computer Desk for a temporary time and I tried it out. I must say I really love this device. The graphics are great, motion detection does it's thing well. Even though not everything in the Mi Home app is translated in English it is easy to operate.

Within a few weeks I will put the camera on a usual spot to use it for 3 reasons:

1. Capturing moments of my family and me when having fun..(Playing games, birthdays, etc)

2. Spying my cats at night

3. Use it as surveillance while not at home ( I will put a Xiaomi switch in the hallway that will toggle on/off the Dafang camera through the Xiaomi Smart home Gateway)

I would recommend this camera to everyone out there! You won't find any other looking as great as this one with all those extra features for such a small price! This camera could be considered too big for people but on the other side I want uninvited people to see that there is a camera that is watching them!

BUY IT HERE @ TOMTOP https://www.tomtop.com/p-pac0021w-us.html

share to:

• Tomtop Official

• Tomtop Rep
  • Replies:

• Credits:

Tomtop Official Tomtop Rep

• Replies: 646
  • Credits: 4973
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-04#1

Hi sir, thanks for your sharing. Your reviews on IP Camera is so professional, I believe you must have a good research on IP camera

I'm considering whether we can have a cooperation, dear? Could I know your email and facebook profile to talk about this?

share to:

• Tomtop Official

• Tomtop Rep
  • Replies:

• Credits:

Tomtop Official Tomtop Rep

• Replies: 646
  • Credits: 4973
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-04#2

Hi Hanjo85, thanks for your reply. I have added you as my facebook friend. Let's talk about the cooperation there

share to:

• Charley Ho

• Replies:

• Credits:

Charley Ho junior member

• Replies: 3
  • Credits: 11
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-04#3

Hello,friends, thanks for your sharing. Your reviews on IP Camera is very useful. It helps me a lot.

share to:

• Michale

• Replies:

• Credits:

Michale junior member

• Replies: 15
  • Credits: 50
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-10#4

Hi guy, your review is very great

share to:

• Apollo

• Replies:

• Credits:

Apollo junior member

• Replies: 16
  • Credits: 67
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-16#5

Πολύ καλή και ολοκληρωμένη αναθεώρηση

share to:

• TheWickedWench

• Replies:

• Credits:

TheWickedWench junior member

• Replies: 13
  • Credits: 71
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-17#6

Thank you. I'm considering to buy a Xiao Mi product on tomtop. Maybe I can buy this, Lol

share to:

• Aaronai

• Replies:

• Credits:

Aaronai

• Replies: 9
  • Credits: 3735
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-29#7

Nice! I would love to read more of your reviews

share to:

• Aaronai

• Replies:

• Credits:

Aaronai

• Replies: 9
  • Credits: 3735
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-29#8

Excellent & thorough review with equally excellent pics.

Very well done@Hanjo85

share to:

• Lucimere

• Replies:

• Credits:

Lucimere junior member

• Replies: 15
  • Credits: 60
  • Posted 6 years ago

Posted 6 years ago 2018-01-31#9

Awesome review

share to: